“Let's Talk About Daddy's Little Girl”
Season 1, Episode 2
October 11, 2011
"Let's Talk About Daddy's Little Girl" is the second episode in season 1 of Reed Between the Lines. It first aired on October 11, 2011 and received 2.9 million viewers on its premiere night.
Alex frets about overpampering Alexis, so the family tries to get her to be more self-sufficient.
Carla and Alex are excited that the kids are out for the night. Alexis, the seven-year old "baby" is off to her first sleepover and Keenan and Kaci are off to a party. After a candlelit dinner, the couple is ready for dessert, but the evening is cut short when Alexis is brought home early. It turns out that she threw a tantrum and was mean to the other children. The neighbor insinuates that Alexis may have a behavioral problem. Carla initially disagrees, but later reconsiders it. After a confession from Alex, who admits to spoiling his daughter, and Alexis, who admits to acting out because she didn't get her way, the family decides to stop catering to her. In the end, she grows to be more independent. She even makes her own bowl of cereal.
- Tracee Ellis Ross as Carla Reed
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner as Alex Reed
- Melissa De Sousa as Gabriella Jimenez
- Anna Maria Horsford as Helen Wilson
- Nadji A. Jeter as Keenan Reynolds
- Zoe Soul as Kaci Reynolds
- Zoe Hendrix as Alexis Reed
- This is the first episode in which one of the kids is the center of the episode's plot.