“Let's Talk About Jealousy”
Season 1, Episode 1
October 11, 2011
"Let's Talk About Jealousy" is the first episode in season one of Reed Between the Lines. It first aired on October 11, 2011 and received 3.3 million viewers on its premiere night.
Carla confronts her insecurities when dealing with a lusty client whom she believes is flirting with Alex. Meanwhile, Kaci is to a new boy in school named Dillon.
Keenan and Kaci fuss about who was born first and Kaci's new love interest, Dillon. Later in the episode, a slightly obnoxious Dillon joins the family for dinner. When Dillon's mother Dominique comes to pick him up, Carla discovers that she already knows her. And her secrets. Dominique is a sex addict that she recently treated at her office. And now she's at the door asking Alex if he'll be chaperoning a school trip that she'll be attending the next day. Carla decides she will attend the trip instead. Alex, who is a stay at home English professor, shows up to the museum anyway, but is rushed out by his wife when she senses Dominique's advances.
- Tracee Ellis Ross as Carla Reed
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner as Alex Reed
- Melissa De Sousa as Gabriella Jimenez
- Anna Maria Horsford as Helen Wilson
- Nadji A. Jeter as Keenan Reynolds
- Zoe Soul as Kaci Reynolds
- Zoé Hendrix as Alexis Reed
- Robin Givens as Dominique
- Khylin Rhambo as Dillon
- This episode marks the first appearances of all the main characters.